Review & Swatches : Manhattan Lips2Last

I have really pale lips, so I always like to use a lipstick to put some colour on them. Unfortunately, lipsticks tend to dry out ly lips and/or run into the little lins around them.
So I tend to search for stay-on lipsticks. These can dry out aswell, so I don't use them everyday, but at least they stay in place.



When I saw a stay-on lipstick by Manhattan, I had to try it out. I love the eyeshadows and lipsticks by this brand, so I was really interested. Also, the price is a bit lower than most other stay-ons. It's about 7,50 euros, if I remember correctly.



The lipstick comes in a simple package: Gloss on the left, colour on the right and a black plastic middle with the Manhattan M in relief on it.
I like this form of stay-ons, everything is easy to reach in your purse. Some stay-ons have seperate sticks, and I always loose one, hahaha. Then again, if you wear the second coat more, it can be worn out faster than the colour.



The colour is applied with a normal applicator, but to my surprise, the gloss has a little brush. I like this a lot! I have a Manhattan glipgloss with a brush and it applies a lot easier and smudges less.

This is Lips2last 43F, unfortunately, they don't have catchy names that you can remember easy. I'm not sure if this is available all times, I picked it up in a special display, so it might be a limited edition.
It has a really nice orangetinted colour with a metallic shine. It's a bit bright, but I like it :)

A swatch on my lips:

This stay-on doesn't feel like a stay-on at all! Most of them feel really dry or like a plastic wrap around your lips. This just feels like a light lipstick, not sticky or dry or anything annoying.
The gloss doesn't dry out my lips either, isn't annoyingly sticky and doens't taste bad. It is thicker than a normal gloss, but it almost feels like it's hydrating my lips.

Because it feels so good, I was absolutely sure, this one wasn't going to last long. Boy, was I wrong!
After I had dinner(which usually results in a thin line of colour on my lups or at least a dried out colour), I checked my lips. They felt like not much could be on there, but the colour was still perfect!
I only put on some extra gloss once or twice, ate dinner, drank a lot and ate some other stuff aswell.
And this is what it looked like at the end of the day:


It's not perfect, but the colour is just a bit faded, instead of erased on the inside. I didn't wear it for a whole day, but enough hours to compare it to other brands. And I have to say, most of them have to be re-applied one time, or they end of around the edges of my lips. None has ever last a full day perfectly btw.

There is ONE downside to this stay-on though, it's really hard to take off! At the end of the day I tried to remove it with some oliveoil, but only a bit came off. Eventually with some rubbing and Lush' babyface I got it off. Now I know it's their job NOT to come off, but I like t go to bed without lipstick, sue me :P

Still, I was really surprised by the result and I'm already thinking about buying more colours.