Brand I Tried: Zoya
Product: Remove+ Plus Nail Polish Remover 3-in-1 Formula. (Step 1 of Zoya's Color Lock System).
Product Description From Their Website: "Allure.com picked their favorite nail polish remover and the winner was Zoya Remove Plus. Zoya Remove Plus Nail Polish Remover is an award wining, gentle, yet highly effective 3-in-1 nail polish remover, nail prep and nail conditioner. Zoya Remove Plus cleans, conditions and preps prep nails while moisturizing, nourishing and fortifying the nail plate for guaranteed extended polish wear. Nails are left without a trace of nail lacquer, without streaking or staining, hydrated and ready for a base coat. "
Ingredients: 2-Propanone, Water, GlycerineFragrance, D & C Violet #2.
- Price: $9.99 Plus S/H.
- Size: 8 oz. in Big Flipper Bottle. Also have other sizes available.
- Uses: Nail Polish Remover, Nail Prep Cleaner and Nail Conditioner - somewhat of a multi-use product.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: 2-3 Pumps worked on about 3-4 nails of Revlon (regular) nail polish and Zoya nail polish.
- First Impression: Still smelled like acetone slightly, but not as harsh as regular nail polish remover.
- Visual Attractiveness / Packaging: I like the twist lock and the big flipper top :)
- Texture: Purple liquid, gentle and surprisingly non-drying!
- Scent: Don't sniff it! :) Lavender., but still resembles the smell of a chemical nail polish remover with a hint of acetone. Not nearly as toxic smelling as other removers I've used before.
- Used It: 4 times so far... on fingers and toes :)
- Easy To Find And Where? Zoya.com.
- Aquired: Purchased with my own money.
- Customer Service: I requested the ingredients for both the nail polish (which I will also review...) and the Remove+ Plus. They were very helpful, but said that they didn't post the ingredients on their website because they advertised that their products were non-toxic. Not exactly sure what that means though... Hmmm... hope they're not trying to hide anything! Shady!
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: 2 oz. size is the smallest, but the shipping probably isn't worth it unless you are purchasing other items.
- EWG's Skin Deep - Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 4.
- Product This Will Be Replacing: Sally Hansen Salon Formula Polish Remover for Artificial & Senstive Nails.
- EWG's Skin Deep - Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Sally Hansen Salon Formula Polish Remover For Artificial & Sensitive Nails: 7.
- Verdict: I really like this stuff, and may buy it again. It is a little pricey with the cost of shipping... wish I could just pick it up at the store... ugh! Although this product still contains the chemicals to remove the nail polish- it doesn't contain the fumes, which is at least a step in the right direction. I will probably compare it to a few other natural nail polish removers since this was my first (less) non-toxic one. It removed everything pretty fast (including reds which I heart the most), wasn't at all drying like normal nail polish remover- and used it as directed (First to remove old polish, and then again before you apply base coat which is actually Step 2 in their Color Lock System).