Goal: To find a non-toxic baby shampoo to clean my M.A.C. makeup brushes
Brand I Tried: California Baby
Product: Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash
Product Description: Concentrated, extremely mild, no fragrance formula is made to gently cleanse and soothe the most sensitive skin. May be used for hair, face and body. Leaves hair noticeably shiny, soft and manageable. Customers have reported excellent results with this shampoo & body wash in their fight against eczema, perioral dermatitis and other skin sensitivities. Highly recommended by leading dermatologists and allergists for their patients with chemical sensitivities and fragrance intolerance (taken from their website).
Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), *Decyl Glucoside and *Lauryl Glucoside (Corn, Coconut and Palm), Quillaja Saponaria (Soap Bark), Herbal Blend of: *Cereus Grandiflorus Extract (Cactus), *Calendula Officinalis (Calendula), *Carrageenan (Irish Moss), *Viola Tricolor Extract (Pansy), *Salix Alba (Willow Bark), and *Yucca Aloifolia Extract (Yucca), Vegetable Glycerin, *Simmondsia Chinensis Oil (Jojoba Oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Citrus Grandis Seed Extract (Grapefruit), Polyaminopropyl Biguanide (Extremely Mild Non-Invasive Preservative). No fragrance, clear formula chemicals or scent masking agents.*organic, sustainable or renewable.
- Price: $12.49 from Whole Foods / $11.49 on the California Baby website.
- Size: 8.5 oz/ 255 ml.
- Uses: I've only used it to clean my (natural hair) makeup brushes and as face wash. It can also be used for shampoo and bodywash.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: A tiny drop... it's concentrated- so a little bit goes a long way.
- First Impression: Expensive for baby shampoo!
- Visual Attractiveness: Nothing spectacular...
- Texture: As normally expected for baby shampoo.
- Scent: None really... no fragrance or scent masking agents.
- How Long I've Used It: For the past month or so... daily... (yes, I shampoo my makeup brushes daily).
- Results: Cleaned my makeup brushes really well! The light/white fibers in my M.A.C 187 and 217 brushes are sooo bright!
- Buy It Again?: YES definately!
- Easy To Find And Where? Yes, luckily I have a Whole Foods nearby. Also available at Target, Amazon and The California Baby Website , etc...
- Aquired: Purchased with my own money.
- Customer Service: I sent California Baby an email prior to purchasing, asking if I could use their product to shampoo my natural hair makeup brushes. It has been over 2 months with no response from them. I will update this post if I hear back from them.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: Not by itself. They do sell them in a kit with other products (that costs $13.99), or a free travel sized product sample with every order- online exclusive on their website. I did not contact the company to find out if they send or sell the samples individually.
- EWG's Skin Deep - Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 2
- Product This Will Be Replacing: JOHNSON'S® Baby Shampoo.
- EWG's Skin Deep - Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for JOHNSON'S® Baby Shampoo: 5
- Verdict: It actually works soooo much better than the JOHNSON'S® Baby Shampoo! Who knew?!? My eyes are very sensitive, and I also have acne from time to time. No tears, it's non-drying and great for problem skin. I wish that they would post a FULL list of their ingredients on their website though! I also love, love, love that it has multiple uses and you only have to use a tiny bit- so it's very economical in the long run. It's awesome to find natural and organic product that actually works! YAY!! Can't wait to try more of their products!