Review & EOTD Essence Surfer Babe collection

The latest Essence collection in store is the Surfer Babe collection, this one is another limited edition.
I bought:

  • the eyeshadowpallette, Surfer's Kit
  • a liquid eyeliner, Pointbreak
  • longlasting eyepencil, Pointbreak.

 I used every colour of the palette, to see how they looked on skin. The highlighter was applied below my brows and towards the crease. It's a shimmery white and I really like it.



The light blue colour was applied on my inner eye corner, to give it a contrasting colour to the light purple/pink and shimmer purple/pink that I applied next to it. As you can see, the eyeshadow's pigmentation isn't very good. I recommenc using a different eyeshadowbase(I used hema's), maybe a NYX jumbo pencil?


Above the crease and into it, I applied the shimmery orange colour. I blended it all together with a blendingbrush. The eyeshadow blends well, but make sure not to whipe it away.

I applied the last colour, the shimmery darkgrey colour, on my outer V. This seems to be the most pigmented one, and it looks like silver on the eye. I blended it out so it would match the rest.
It's a nice palette, but the colours turn vague at the end of the day, like most eyeshadows by Essence tend to do on Hema base. I've heard it's said to be waterproof, but I'm not sure if that's true? On the back are also to exapmple of looks you can make with it.

I used the liquid eyeliner above my lashes, it's a great eyeliner, with a very nice brush. Like most Essence eyeliners, it's really thin, so you can easy apply a thin line. The pencil is more like a kajal, and gives great colour. Both eyeliners stayed in place all day.

All in all the products I used from the Surfer Babe collection aren't bad. I like the eyeliners, and I'll probably use the palette more, but not daily.