Goal: To find a natural facial mask to clear up my complexion and remove toxins from my body.
Brand I Tried: Health & Beauty Aztec Secret
Product: Indian Healing Clay
Product Description: Deep pore cleansing, "World's Most Powerful Facial" -feel your face pulsate!
Ingredients: 100% Natural Calcium Bentonite (Green) Clay.
- Price: $ 6.99
- Size: 1 Lb.
- Uses: Facials, acne, body wraps, clay baths, foot soaks, chilled for knee packs and insect bites, hair clarifying mask, plus many more!
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: I followed the directions on the container using equal parts. You can make as little or as much as you want depending on what you're using it for.
- First Impression: Ooh... I remember this! I was always a beauty junkie... as a teenager- I made every Sunday a spa day. I guess, to keep it natural, my mom let me use this all the time.
- Visual Attractiveness: Ummm... not so glamorous (the packaging could use an update).
- Texture: Powder.
- Scent: Smells a little icky (like vinegar) if you follow the vinegar recipe on the container, otherwise- I guess like clay.
- How Long I've Used It: For the past 2-3 months (also used it years ago).
- Easy To Find And Where? Whole Foods, Amazon, most health food stores... just Google it.
- Acquired: Purchased with my own money.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: Nope, not that I could find.
- EWG's Skin Deep - Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 0... I had to type it in.
- Product This Will Be Replacing: Proactiv Solutions Refining Mask
- EWG's Skin Deep - Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Proactiv Solutions Refining Mask: 7... I had to type it in.
- Verdict: Ok, so this is by far one of my fave facial masks! I use it once, sometimes twice a week especially when I'm breaking out. This has really helped to clear up my skin overall. I have used it on my face, in a bath, and as a body mask so far. I have also used it in my hair which BTW I do NOT recommend - it made my hair feel like rubber-bands and straw all at the same time. I know. You will really feel it tighten and pulsate - totally not kidding. Also note that your face will be really red for about an hour or so after you remove it... so don't freak out and don't do it right before you go out! Depending on how pasty / watery you mix, or how thick or thin you slather it on- drying time will vary. The key is to wait until it's completely dry. You will look like your face is literally cracking ha-ha. To rinse off- I take a warm soaked washcloth and saturate my entire face without rubbing- I do my whole face like this... and then go back and gently wipe- it should easily come off. As far as mixing: make sure you don't use any metal utensils. I have a designated glass or plastic bowl, with a plastic spoon and a rubber basting brush. I usually use my hands to apply it rather than the brush though. I like to use all water- but found it's hard to get the clumps completely out of the with only water. I came across a tip to use a splash of Bragg's Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (which helps smooth it out much better) and the rest water. You can do all water or all A.C.V. too, it's up to you. You can also mix it with other things like honey, yogurt, etc... here's a site with some ideas to get you started: 12 Great Recipes For Aztec Secret Indian Healing Bentonite Clay . Go crazy!