ghd Obedience Cream Review

Hi everyone! Guess what? I take my state board test to get my cosmetology license on the 8th! Wish me luck!


Today I'm reviewing ghd Obedience Cream for Frizz-Free Styling. I got this ridiculously cheap at America's Beauty Show, I think for like $2, back in March and I've been loving it ever since. "A lightweight anti-frizz blow-dry cream for normal to fine hair; ideal for creating glossy looks or defining curlier styles. Helps keep your hair frizz-free longer, and to retain the hair's moisture and elasticity when heat-styling."

Since I've picked up all those ghd products at the show, I'm slowly falling in love with them. I have yet to find a bad product from them, even the two mini products I received with my ghd iron are great - I still need the full sizes! So let's see the ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Benzophenone-4, Butylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Sunflower Seed Extract, Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Laureth-7, Polyquaternium-59, Styrene/VP Copolymer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.
And without the fluff:
Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Benzophenone-4, Butylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Laureth-7, Polyquaternium-59, Styrene/VP Copolymer.

Basically what we have are conditioning ingredients, UV protection, and a slight hold. Propylene and Hexylene Glycol are humectants that add moisture to hair. Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethiconol, and Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate are all conditioning agents that soften hair and protect against damage. Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch is an anti-static agent to protect against static frizzies. Polyacrylamide, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer give a slight hold and help straighten. Benzophenone-4 and Polyquaternium-59 protect against UV rays.

Now, straightening products are tricky and kind of a matter of personal preference. This product for instance says it's for normal to fine hair, and I agree. Thicker hair probably wouldn't benefit as much from this, as it's pretty light. In my experience, I've found that a small, quarter-sized dollop in damp hair works best, but like with any product you'll have to play around and figure out what's best for you.

ghd Obedience Cream comes in a 150 ml / 5.1 oz tube, and retails for around $16-$18.

I know I've been lacking in posts and reviews lately, but I've just had a lot going on lately. I will try and do more so try and be a little patient! Take care of your hair everyone!