Review & Swatches: Burt's Bees lipshimmers

This is a review about the Burt's Bees Lipshimmers. I already had a lipbalm, which I thought was pretty nice, so I really wanted to try out these lipshimmers. These are basically, tinted lipbalms.

What the Burt's Bees site tells us about them:
A kiss of colour and pearlised shine add a hint of glamour to our world famous lip balm. Condition, smooth & highlight your lips with our wonderful selection of seven shimmering shades. Luminescent earth pigments add a hint of colour to our natural beeswax lip balm to give your lips the lift they need. Nourish, moisturise and soothe your lips with natural ingredients like vitamin E and coconut and sunflower oils. It's time to pucker up with shimmery colour.


I own Raisin, Merlot and Fig.
Raisin looks really dark, but when you apply it on your lips, it's  a very pigmented red with a pink? undertone.
Merlot is a pretty vibrant red, and also the one that applies the most diffcult of the three. It seems to be less creamy and tends to show every flake on your lip.
Fig is my favourite, it applies like a dream because it's very creamy. It's a darker orange or mb even a brown tone, it doesn't look too unnatural on the lips.

What I like about these lipshimmers is, that they taste like peppermint when you firt apply and it gives a fresh feeling on your lips. They don't really dry out your lips either, allthough I have to say that Merlot and even Raisin are a bit dryer than Fig. But maybe I just had a bad batch, you never know. The lipshimmers give a very nice shine to your lips and it stays on fairly well. I like to use these at work from time to time. The air is dry there and my lips tend to dry out because I have to talk a lot. So tinted lipbalms are a great help.

With Flash:

 Without Flash:

You can find some of these lipshimmers for example at Boozyshop for 8,49 euros.
I have to admit, that I bought them for only 3 euros a piece from someone else at Marktplaats.nl ;)