Goal: To find a natural facial mask to clear up my complexion and remove toxins from my body.
Brand I Tried: Face Naturals.
Product: Purify Mask for Oily and Blemish-Prone Skin.
Product Description: Oily, blemish-prone skin has met its match! French green clay has amazing oil absorbing properties. It literally "drinks" oils, toxins, and impurities from your skin's pores leaving them smaller and less noticeable. Montmorillonite clay has a velvety texture and is reputed to be one of the most powerful healing clays around. Just what blemish-prone skin needs! Antioxidant rich green tea helps your skin to repair the effects of aging and environmental stress. Clay masks are fabulous for refining the skins texture without harmful chemical peels, which dissolve the skin's epidermal layer, or irritating microdermabrasion. Clay masks can be used to cleanse skin by actively drawing out blackheads and pimples and to detoxify the bacteria that contributes to clogged pores and infected blemishes. Natural clays gently exfoliate the skin's surface, allowing for better absorption of moisturizers. A regular weekly mask will smooth and soften lines and wrinkles, reduce the appearance of scarring, and with consistent use, fade hyper-pigmentation, resulting in softer, smoother, more even skin tone.
Ingredients: (Vegan) Montmorillonite Clay, French Green Clay, Green Tea.
- Price: $3.95 for the "Try Me Size" / $14.95 for the Full Size.
- Size: 1/2 oz. jar / 2 oz. jar.
- Uses: Facial Mask.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: I followed the directions on their website and mixed a ratio of about 1-2 tsps. of the mask with about 1-2 tsps. of water (It all depends on how thick you like your mask).
- First Impression: I heart almost all clay masks!
- Visual Attractiveness: Simple, basic packaging. The one I received came with a white label, I like the look of the clear one (as pictured above) better, and also because it's probably more water-proof.
- Texture: Light green powder, like Aztec Secret or Living Clay.
- Scent: Don't sniff this! Ew.
- How Long I've Used It: Twice so far... I got the full size jar which should last me for about 6-8 more uses (depending on how thick I make it).
- Easy To Find And Where? FaceNaturals.com.
- Acquired: Sent to me by Face Naturals to review.
- Customer Service: I've spoken with Christy, the owner of Face Naturals on several occasions through email. She has always responded to my questions right away and is willing to work with their customers one-on-one until they find the perfect product matches for them. She also mentioned that she is happy to educate any who will listen about the toxic cocktails so many put onto their skin every day without a thought of the dangers involved.... always a plus to hear that! I really like how she has a "Christy's Notes" section on all her favorite products and tells you the real deal about the products(she mentioned that this mask happens to be her personal fave)... and even gave me a few tips on different ways to customize it such as- adding honey (for the sugar acids), well mashed strawberries (astringent, great for oily/blemish skin), cucumbers & water (run through a mini food processor, very hydrating and soothing), coconut milk is a great add-in if you have dry skin that tends to lean toward blemishes, and even dairy milk or cream. She also suggested that slightly warmed water or warmed add-ins mix better and the best time to apply is after a hot shower, steam facial or using a damp hot cloth (to open your pores)... clays draw more out of skin when it is prepped to receive it. But what I like most of all- is that they use really pure ingredients in their products! Woo-Hoo... Rock on FN!
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: YES! Another great company... they offer "Try Me Sizes"!
- EWG's Skin Deep - Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 0! YAY!!
- Verdict: Ok, so you all know how I totally heart clay masks, right? I think clay is the best thing to EVER happen to blemish prone skin (besides changing your diet)! It is has honestly been a life-saver for me (especially after my crack addiction-like Proactiv fiasco!). I always try to pamper myself and do these at least once a week- my 'Sunday Night Special' ha-ha. I've never used a mask that contained Green Tea before... I usually just use pure clays (since I also like to take clay baths and use them all over my body as a wrap), so I think it was a nice addition. It made my skin appear clear, smooth and soft like velvet. One thing I do have to mention though is that I wish that the size and the instructions were marked on the actual bottle... I had to go online to their website and look them up. Other than that, I LOVED it! I can chalk this up on my list of favorite clay facial masks... Thank You Face Naturals for being another great company that offers exactly what we're looking for... truly natural, organic ingredients in products that work... and affordable "Try Me Sizes"!