Goal: To find a truly natural Shampoo that cleans, without leaving my hair greasy and makes my hair feel like conventional Shampoo!
Brand I Tried: Organic Excellence.
Product: Wild Mint Shampoo.
Product Description: Revitalizing Hair Therapy. A luxurious hair therapy, free of the harsh chemicals Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate found in most shampoos. Our Wild Mint Shampoo is specially formulated to moisturize, maintain a healthy pH balance, prevent hair loss, stimulate growth, and protect against ultra-violet rays and air pollution. Restores moisture, shine, and body for beautiful hair. Ideal for all hair types.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Olive Oil (and) Coconut Oil (and) Potassium Lactate, Vegetable Glycerin, Peppermint Oil*, Fennel Extract*, Hops Extract, Balm Mint Extract, Olive Leaf Extract*, Ginger Extract*, Mistletoe Extract*, Allantonin (Comfrey Root), Citric Acid, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Lemon Grass Oil*, Burdock Root Extract*, Sage Extract*, Rosemary Extract*, Grape Seed Extract*. *Certified Organic Herb.
- Price: $3.00 / $16.95
- Size: 1 oz. sample bottle / 16 oz. full size bottle.
- Uses: Shampoo.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: Slightly larger than the size of a quarter (I have really long, thick hair at the moment).
- First Impression: Smells like mild Peppermint Patties... Yummy!
- Visual Attractiveness: I have a trial size, so I'm not sure what the full size bottles look like. I plan to order the full size soon though, so I will update when I do.
- Texture: Thick, velvety, sudsy, and pearly- just like conventional shampoo... it's sooo nice!
- Scent: As I mentioned earlier, like mild Peppermint Patties... I LOVE it!
- How Long I've Used It: Twice. Now, I'm usually not one to do a review unless I've used something for a little while- but with shampoos & conditioners- I've pretty much known right off the bat if they were going to work for me or not. This is probably THE BEST natural Shampoo I've come across so far (and I know everyone has been asking me for hair product reviews, so I just wanted to put one up). I will update if anything changes.
- Easy To Find And Where? OrganicExcellence.com.
- Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
- Customer Service: You know I love Natural Joy Beauty for several reasons- one, they do the work for you by choosing to sell only products that contain truly natural and organic ingredients. Two, because they offer sample sizes of every single product they sell (I think) so you don't need to make a huge commitment if you want to try something and can break up with it without breaking the bank! And three, because Joy is honest about the products she sells (if you tell her what you're looking for) and responds ASAP... they have the best customer service!
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: Yes... Available at Natural Joy Beauty!
- EWG's Skin Deep - Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 2.
- Verdict: Honestly, I was afraid it was going to be too minty at first. Although I love candy canes and chocolate chip mint ice cream, etc... blah, blah, blah- I don't usually like any kind of minty stuff for my body and hair stuff because it tends to be overly cool, tingly and way too strong! I have to say that this is nothing like that at all in this case, which is really awesome! Joy, from Natural Joy Beauty also said that it reminded her of a conventional salon shampoo and to my surprise- I couldn't agree more. It's gives you a really rich, luxurious lather (which is unusual for truly natural shampoo- in my opinion), it feels really fresh, clean and smooth, spreads very easily (also uncommon with naturals) and rinses very well. It did leave my hair a little too 'squeaky'... but I'm not complaining, because at least I know it's clean... unlike MANY of the other naturals I've tried.... UGH! Please see my matching Conditioner Review here! She also said every now and then, she adds a little baking soda to get a really deep clean, if she needs it... I don't feel like I even need it with this one- and I can't even tell you how much I LOVE the smell! I caught myself repetitively walking in my bathroom sniffing it- just to make sure I reallyyyyyy liked the scent of it, ha-ha. I don't know what's wrong with me LOL. Don't judge. I would definitely buy this again! Thanks Organic Excellence... You are the BOMB! Thank you for making safe products with awesome ingredients that work! And also to Natural Joy Beauty for selling sample sizes at VERY affordable prices and doing all the meticulous work for us! Mmmmwah!