Brand I Tried: Radius.
Product: Natural Cranberry Floss.
Product Description: 100% VEGAN floss. Cruelty Free, Coated in Natural cranberry essence from Ocean Spray, Antibacterial cranberry helps prevent bacteria growing between teeth known to lead to gum disease. Naturally soft, fibrous cleaning texture, Spun in natural vegan Candelilla wax, Clear box for easy measure, Large 55 yd. size, Packaging is 100% recyclable. No artificial sweeteners, color or flavor synthetic wax, GMO ingredients, preservatives, glutens or yeasts. Native to America, the cranberry is rich in proanthocyanidins; originally a defense mechanism for the plant, these organic substances also are known to naturally help cure urinary tract infections. Recent research in Israel and the USA has concluded that the proanthocyanidins also inhibit the adhesion of bacterial bio-films on teeth. This bio-film adheres to the surface of teeth and forms plaque, which feeds on sugars, producing acids that wear away the tooth surface and dissolve linkages to the gums, eventually leading to destructive periodontal disease and tooth loss. As this bacterial adhesion is the first step in the formation of plaque, cranberries have a unique position in helping to prevent periodontal disease. After coating the floss in cranberry essence, RADIUS Vegan Antibacterial Floss s is coated in natural VEGAN Candelilla wax. Candelilla wax is a wax derived from the leaves of the small Candelilla shrub native to northern Mexico and the southwestern United States. It is yellowish-brown, hard, brittle and translucent. Pure, natural silk has a soft texture with very low abrasion. It removes plaque softly and effectively.
- Price: $2.99
- Size: 50m / 55 yds.
- Uses: Dental Floss.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: Normal amount.
- First Impression: Ummm, a little tangy & tart- but really nice!?!
- Visual Attractiveness: Saw pictures of the clear containers online- I like them better than the one I have (solid white)- so I can see how much I have left.
- Texture: Smooth, just like conventional floss.
- Scent: Doesn't smell like anything to me...
- How Long I've Used It: For the past few months.
- Easy To Find And Where? I got mine at my local Whole Foods Market, but you can also buy it at RadiusToothBrush.com and on Amazon.com.
- Acquired: Purchased with my own money.
- Customer Service: N/A.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: Nope, not that I'm aware of but they're small enough to travel with and you can buy them in bulk if you fall in love with it :)
- EWG's Skin Deep - Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: N/A.