Coming up, and camera stuff

I'll post the swatches of -all- the metallics nailpolishes today(I picked no. 2 up in A'dam after work), BUT, I haven't uploaded my pics yet, and I have to recharge the batteries....lol

So Those will be up somewhere today..

In the meantime..I'm thinking about buying a new cam. I love my old cam, and it's perfect for going to fairs and such, especially if I spot awesome costumes from afar, since it has 8x zoom, and I don't mean digital zoom.
BUT, it's at least 5 years old now, probably older, and it's starting to get behind the times. I bought it for my job/hobby back then, which was designing, making and selling clothing. I had to take pics and put them on my website, and I needed a good cam for fairs and such aswell.
It's still going strong, and usually I'm someone that won't buy something new untill it's -really- broken. Which sometimes can take yeaaaaaaaaaaaaars. I still have my first ever walkman (with casettes) and my first ever discman. They still work...but I wanted to upgrade to cds and later on to a discman that didnt skip with every hump in the road. But you catch my drift....

Anyway, I'm starting to get annoyed by making pics for the blog...
I need a camera that gives real life colour, especially with makeup and nailpolish. So I won't get blue nails on pics when they are really purple.
I'm not sure if I want to replace my old cam, and search for one with lots of zoom, and lots of programmed settings. Like fireworks, portraits, landscape and so on. Mine has tons, and I love all of them. Mine only had 5MP, but I don't really care much about those, I've made pictures with this one that were printed as A4 posters, and they looked gorgeous.
So I'm still deciding if I want a new one, just for the blog, which can be a cheap thing, as long as it has real life colour pictures....or if I want to replace the old cam and go for a more expensive one with all the work..

So help me out here, point me to some good cams that are afforable..I'm not looking for professional cams or big ones. Mine wasn't a real pocketsize, and I would like to get one that fits in my bag now.

For example, I saw one in the Saturn paper(mediamarkt's little brother?), a panasonic that had 12 MP, 12x zoom and a Leica Lens, for 177 euros. I don't know much else about it though.
I bought my old cam at a camerashop, so they could tell me everything about it, but other stores usually don't know much about the specialities ofr the cams they are selling.

So let me know what cam you use, or cams that you can recommend. It'll be a lot of help. And hopefully, I'll be able to post better pics on here :)