Pamper yourself before your holiday shopping extravaganza! Stash a little left-over Cranberry Sauce for and you're skin will be forever Thankful! This mask will soften & brighten dry, dull-looking skin. Oh Joy!
What You'll Need:
- A Bowl.
- Basting Brush or something to apply the mask with (you can use your fingers).
- An Old Wash Cloth.
- A Sink.
- Pick one: either 3 Tbsps. of Cranberry Sauce, Fresh Cranberries (boil 5 Tbsp. of them for approx. 5 min. in 1 cup of water, mash and let cool) or 5 Tpsbs. Cranberry Juice.
- Pick one: either 3 Tbsps. of Plain Yogurt, Greek Yogurt, or Sour Cream.
- 1 Tbsp. of Honey (preferably Raw Organic- but any Honey will work).
- 1 Tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Always use organic ingredients when possible...
- The thicker the better with the Yogurt or Sour Cream.
- I suggest Fresh Cranberries or Cranberry Juice if possible. I don't use any canned products... one, because metal food cans contain BPA / Bisphenol A, which is linked to Breast Cancer and two, because of the unnecessary fillers and preservatives. Some good info on BPA and the link to Cancer here: The Breast Cancer Fund.
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and mix (or you can just toss it all in the blender).
- Wash your face with cleanser to remove any makeup.
- Prepare your Facial Cloth: wet your old wash cloth, fold it in half and roll it up.
- Heat up your moist wash cloth in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
- Make sure it's not too hot and lay it on your skin to steam your face, soften your skin and open up your pores.
- Apply a thick, even layer of the Cranberries & Cream Facial Mask onto your skin (avoiding your eyes) and relax for about 15-20 minutes.
- Lay a warm, wet washcloth over your face for a minute or so to loosen the mask, then gently wipe it off.
- Rinse your face with warm water to remove any excess and pat dry.
- I like to apply a little Organic EVOO after- but you can apply any natural moisturizer.
Cranberries: are extremely high in antioxidants- which help fight skin damage, work as an astringent to tone your skin, are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K (fab for dark circles BTW), Flavanoids and Tannin, and also contain mildly acidic enzymes which make a great skin exfoliator.
Honey: is a gentle cleanser, is awesome for acne, high in vitamin C, a variety of B vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid, as well as minerals such as potassium. It also contains powerful antioxidants which fight free radicals and reverse aging, it's rich in amino acids, the basic building blocks of life- softening and dissolving dead skin cells and nourishing to new skin cells. Bees release glucose enzymes when they create honey that is a natural antiseptic and has antibacterial properties. When applied topically, it draws body fluids and nutrients to the area assisting in cell growth and scar prevention.
Cream or Yogurt: is also a gentle cleanser, has anti fungal and antibacterial qualities, is useful for unclogging blocked pores. It also brightens the skin and contains naturally occurring alpha-hydroxy acid from lactic acid that exfoliates and renews the cellular surface of the skin.
Olive Oil: is a naturally hypoallergenic way to moisturize skin, promotes a smooth, radiant complexion and is actually good for acne, helps maintain skin's elasticity, is high in antioxidants, including vitamins A & E, and also contains Squalene & Chlorophyll.
Happy Turkey or Tofu-rkey Day! xoxo