First time making sushi..

Last saturday, I had the whole day off.... I had the whole weekend off, which I don't get a lot. Also, it was a weekend where we didn't have any plans to go out. Once in a while, that alone is something that can make me look forward to it sooooooo badly. So we decided to have pyjamaweekend. :)

On saturday we decided to make sushi, which I've never done before.
This is how the table looked when we started....just all the ingredients we thought we wanted to use.


This is what I saw, when I looked next to the table.... Loki tried to hypnotize me in givimg him the fish, Greebo was planning a raid or something. Odin was somwhere else in the room, trying to figure out if why we were in the kitchen. Odin isn't that smart...


Rolling a sushi....see how Greebo is lurking there?
And yes, I love fisheggs, sue me.

Loki is much more bold in his plans to conquer the fish..
Oh btw, see that bathrobe? That's me. I told you it was pyjamaweekend! Yeah , I know a bathrobe isn't a pyjama, but my 'pyjamas' tend to be skimpy outfits, and those are cold :P

Look look look! *proud* My first selfmade sushi...and it even looks edible!
*takes a bow*

When tasting the sushi we came to 2 conclusions:
1. red union was not a flavour we wanted in our sushi. So I peeled them out with my sticks and put in cucumber instead.
2. my sushimaking skills weren't fabulous yet: they were a bit too big, which made eating them not so easy and we were pretty filled up, pretty fast. Next time, I'm making them snacksize.

Still, they were quite tasty and they were gorgeous to look at:
Suship0rn!

Okay, now I'm getting hungry....