Funky Budget look 1

Today I made 2 looks with Budget products, all by the brand Essence. I used a quattro eyeshadow palette, an eyeliner and a mascara, which will cost you less then 10 euros together.
Because you can do all kinds of stuff with budget products aswell, I choose o do some funky looks with them. Below you can see two different looks I made with two different palettes. I'll post two blogs, in each one I will explain one of them.




Products I used for the look on the left:
  •  Quattro eyeshadow palette, no. 5, Aqua Flash (one of the new palettes)
  • Metal Glam eyeliner, no 3, Pretty Cool.
  • Multi Action mascara



I did my eyebrows as usual, and used Gosh eyeshadowstick , love that beige, as a base. Since most people already have products for their eyebrows and base, I didn't count them in for the total value of the look.
I used the lightest colour of the palette as a highlighter below my brows and a little towards my inner eyecorner. On the inner eyecorner I used the colour on the top right of the palette. Next to that, towards the outer eyecorner, I used the colour on the bottom left of the palette.
In the crease I applied the purple colour, which gives a nice contrast with the aqua colours. I applied it a little towards my inner eyecorner aswell.

For a more funky effect, I applied the eyelinera little outwards at the inner eye corner, on the top and the bottom. At the outer eyecorner I made two wings, so you have two individual lines of eyeliner.
I applied a little of the purple eyeshadow between and under the eyeliner with a smudger brush, for some extra colour.



I'm not a big fan of this mascara, but it was the only one I had of this brand. It applies easily enough, but the brush is pretty full, which makes separating your lashes difficult. Since I don't have much lashes, that is NOT the effect I want. It tends to glue my lashes together, which gives that spiderlegs effect. Some people might like that, but I'm not one of them.


The eyeliner applies easy and gives a lot of colour. It really gives an extra 'pop' with the metal glam effect.

The eyeshadowpalette has some great colours, applies easy, but it does tend to fade pretty fast. Maybe with some extra base it will stick on better, I'm not sure. Other than that, even with the fading, it stays on pretty good. Not as long as other brands, but what do you expect? It costs about 3 euro or something like that, and you get 4 colours for that price.


So how do you like this look, and do you have any experiences with this brand?