Last look of 2009

On the last day of the year, I still hadn't found the time to buy new fake lashes, so I used some cheap ones that I found in my stash.



I bought these at the DA, but I'm sure there are sold in other stores. They cost 2,50 euros, which is pretty cheap. They felt very thick and plastic to me, but I always use a different brand that feels like real hair and are really thin.

These lashes, opposed to the ones of  my fav brand, were to wide and I had to cut a little off at the end. I didn't really like the glue that came with the lashes, so I used the one I always use. ( I tried this glue first, but I didn't like it).
These lashes look fine, but I didn't like wearing them. They were very thick, which means they wanted to keep their own shape, instead of molding to my eyeshape. Which resulted in the end coming loose a couple of times and me, applying glue again and again during the evening. I really hate that.So yes, they can be used for a night out, but I'd rather buy some that cost a little more, but feel natural, stay on and can be re-used many times.
Anyway, the rest of the products I used for the look were:

  • Zoeva Metallic Stones Palette
  • Hema eyeshadowbase
  • Gosh eyeshadowbase
  • Hema eyeliner black waterproof
  • Essence longlasting eyepencil, C'est la vie!
  • Moonminerals Silvery Moon
  • Moonminerals Silver Grey


I started out with the Hema eyeshadowbase and on top of that Gosh eyeshadowbase. This way my eyeshadows wouldn't crease and stay perfect all day and night long. I did my eyebrows as usual, aswell.


I applied a thin line of eyeliner to be a guide where to place my fake lashes. After applying some glue to the lashes, I put them on with tweezers. After letting the glue dry, I started applying the eyeshadow. Normally I would have applied some mascara on my own lashes before applying the fake ones (to blend them for a natural look), but these fake ones were so thick that I didn't bother with it.

I used a light silver on the inner eyecorner. Next to that a darker silver, and on the outer eyecorner I used an even more darker silver. I also applied them to the crease and blended them together. All were from the Metallic Stones palette. As a highlighter I used the lightest colour of the same palette.To give some extra shimmer, I used the 2 Moonminerals eyeshadows as an effectpowder.

Below the eye I applied the Essence C'est la vie, and on top of that the Hema Eyeliner, to give it a nice contrast.





 And this is the endresult: