Walk like an Egyptian..

Somewhere last week I was a little bored, so I decided to do something different with my makeup.
For some weird reason I had the song ''walk like an Egyptian'' in my head, so this lookis inspired by that song.

Products I used:

  • Metallic Stones palette (Zoeva)
  • Gosh eyeshadowbase
  • Gosh velvet touch eyeliner, Rising Sun
  • Essence longlasting eyepencil, no.1, Black Fever
  • Maybelline, The Colossal mascara
  • Gosh effectpowder, Blue Diamond

I started out with the Gosh eyeshadowbase, but afterwards I think the Hema base would have been better for this look. The effectpowder and eyeshadow weren't easy to blend with this base. Oh well, it was just for fun.
I applied several golden colours of the Metallic Stones palette. (second row from the left) I also used the darker one on the top, 4th from the right. BUt because it didn't blend togetehr well, you can't really see this one on the pic.



Below the eyebrows I used the Blue Diamaond effectpowder, because to me Egyptians used a lot of gold, black and blue. The blue was partly inspired because of the makeup Elizabeth Taylor had on in ine of her roles.



After that I used the Essence pencil as a eyeliner above and below. Also a bit on my waterline, to really get that black look. On the side I made two wings, with a littl curve and a little extra stripe, to give it that egyptian look.
Below the eyeliner and between the wings I used the velvet touch eyelienr to give it some extra golden touches. After that I applied some mascara, and here's the result:



Maybe I'll try one again sometimes with some darker coppery colours, It's always fun to try out new things.
Do you ever wear different makeup, or inspired by movies or pictures you've seen?