Smith's Rosebud Salve Review

I have really really dry lips. As a child, my jaw wasn't in the right place, so I couldn't breathe with my mouth closed, it took a lot of braces and years and years of them. But now I can close my mouth..doesn't mean that I ever do, lol!. Still, it left me with the habit of sleeping with my mouth open. That and the fact that I used to have a cold 24/7 aswell. Allergypills solved that problem, but I'm drifting off now.
Anyway, sleeping with my mouth open, dries my lips out even more. So I really need a good lipbalm. I have collected several that work for me, but none of them was hydrating enough for the winter.
Especially lately it has been a very cold winter. Normally, I would have cracked lips by now, bleeding sometimes and always very painfull.  Luckely for me, that's not what happened....

At beautyreview.nl I read a lot of reviews about Rosebud Salve and everyone was very excited about it. So I decided to try it out myself, maybe it would help me get through the winter.



Rosebud Salve is a very well known product nowadays, probably because even Oprah has talked about it. Still, before I visited Beautyreview.nl I never heard of it. You can't buy it in stores in the Netherlands as far as I know, but there are a lot of sites online that do have it in stock. I bought mine from someone who sold them at marktplaats.nl, and it cost me 8,95 euros. It's a bit pricey for a lipbalm, but then again, you get a tin that weighes 30 grams. That's a BIG tin. Also, you don't need much, so you can do a long time with one tin. Seeing it that way, aound 10 euros isn't that expensive...as long as it works.

The tin itself is a beautifull thing, it's dark blue with little roses on the side. On the lid there's a lot of text and some roses aswell. It's very oldfashioned looking, which I love. And it's not really a surprise that it looks oldfashioned, because Rosebud Salve was first made in 1892! This packaging has been used since 1962, so this really is a product from the past. Knowing that, this product must be doing what it says, because it has been around for a very long time.
 
It has an orange toned pink colour, which smells a little like roses, but mostly like other lipbalms. It's not really perfumed or anything. It feels soft on my lips and it feels like they heal instantly. That's not really the case, BUT they do heal pretty fast. It tastes a little like roses, which takes a while to get used to, but it's not a bad taste. Now, I'm already used to it, and I kinda like it.
I purchased it a few months ago, and have been using it every since. I only use it during the day, at night I used a different lipbalm. Especially in this winter weather, it is a great balm for my lips. I don't have ANY cracked lips, a lot less skin that I can peel off, and they just feel a lot better. I also feel the difference on the days I'm at home and I forget to use it, because my lips starts to dry out really fast. I always have the tin in my purse, that way I can't forget tot ake it with me when I go outside.
The salve can also be used on dry spot on your skin, which I haven't done much, but it seems to work pretty good when I do.


So to me this really is a wonderfull product. Especially for people who have really dry lips, please try it out, I'm pretty sure you'll love it.

Have any of you ever tried the other rosebud salves? Which one is your favourite?