Tip: 'Homemade' makeupremover

Some people say olive oil is good for everything...well...I don't know about that. But besides using it for cooking, it IS good for removing makeup. Really? yeah REALLY.
I'm not taking credit for this tip, I watched someone on youtube, who showed how it worked, and unfortunately I don't know her name anymore. Still, I do it a little differently, and you can see what works for you.
What do you need?

  • Olive oil. I use the Bertolli Olio Di Oliva Classico. Why? Because it was a small bottle and the same brand the girl in the clip used. 


  • Makeup pads. Just the normal cotton ones yo can buy in any drugstore.


  • Oil sprayer. You can use any kind, as long as it doesn't spray a lot of oil. This one is mine, and I bought it at Xenos.



You don't really -need- the oil sprayer, but I think it's pretty handy. The girl in the clip dipped her makeup pad in a bowl with oil, which to me isn't really handy for everyday use. I started using it just by putting the makeuppad on top of the bottle and then turning the bottle upside down and back. But I noticed that, especially with the moist makeuppads, you're oil can become unusable.Also, it gives you a lot of oil, and you don't really need a lot.

So here is what I do:
I take one makeup pad, and fold it in half. This way I can use just one makeup pad for both of my eyes, one side for each eye. I then hold the makeup pad underneath the fosset in my bathroom. Just a little bit of water to make it moist. You can squeeze too much water out of it, if you want. I make it moist, because that way, the makeuppad can't suck up a lot of oil, because you don't want a layer of oil on your face.

 

Then I spray some oil on the makeup pad, just a few drops. I darkened to photo a little, so you can see the drops.


 

After that, you just wipe away your eyemakeup. This is what you get, when you gently wipe it acros your eye, just once. I only did one side of the eye, to show you the effect. Also, this eyeliner is pretty good in staying put, so you have to rub it a little to come off.

As you can see, a lot of makeup was removed, with just one gentle swipe:





To show you how my eye looks after just rubbing it along my eye a little, I made this pic of my other eye. Before and after:



Scary huh? ( I don't mean just the effect, I also mean my eye withouth makeup, hahaha)


And this is what the other side of the makeup pad looks like:


Btw I also use it to remover the stay on lipsticks that are usually pretty hard te remove. Tastes a lot better than other makeupremovers ;)

Try it, and you'll be just as amazed as I was the first time I tried it. It doesn't give me any troubles with my sensitive eyes, which sometimes can get swoollen with other makeupremovers. Also, it cleans so good, I don't get any makeup residue IN my eyes, like I usually get with other removers.
Also, and I don't know if this is true, but it's being said that the oil is good for you lashes aswell.

I don't recommend trying it on your face. It does work, but you get an oily skin and that can get you spots.
You can also try other oils, like for instance babyoil. I never tried that myself. Maybe I should try that one for the face.

So, this way you can get a very cheap makeupremover, which can last you months..Im still using my first bottle, and you only have to use one makeup pad for both your eyes.

What do you think? Are you going to try it out? And do you have some other tips that might be usefull to others?