Review: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

I bought this product, because it was recommended to me, to use on my dry lips. My lips are really really dry, they tend to soak up lipsticks which stains them and bleed lipstick into the lines above.

"Soothes minor skin irritations. Also for symptoms of chapping, peeling or flaking due to minor burns, sunburn, windburn, scrapes, abrasions, or cracked lips. Clinically and dermatologist tested. To use: apply liberally as often as neccessary.''

I've been using this cream on my lips for a few weeks now and I really see a big difference.
I don't have as much dead skin on my lips as before, and I can use lipstick and gloss more frequently without getting weird reactions to them. Also, when I wake up in the morning, my lips aren't completely dried out anymore.



The cream is a bit greasy, and it takes a while to be soaked up by my lips(or skin). It leaves behind really soft and moisturized lips(or skin). I have used it mostly on my lips, because I find it to sticky to apply to my skin: it takes to long to be soaked up, I like to use other things for my skin. It does work like it says, but I just don't have the patience to let something soak into my skin.


As you can see, I've used a fair amount of it allready. I really like it a lot: I've recently bought the 8 hour lipbalm with SPF, especially for the summer. I can really recommend this product, I like it even more than rosebud salve, which has gotten me through the winter with non-cracked lips.

I bought this cream at Ici Paris, for about 18 euros orso. You get a pretty big jar for that price and you don't need much. But ofcourse you can also use it on the rest of your body, which is a plus.