Bathing in a Vanilla Fountain

When I first smelled this ballistic, I found the scent a bit too strong for my taste. Since I have a bath, I tend to smell all the Lush products again at work, and I have to say, this scent has grown on me. So just last week I decided to buy one and try it out.

The ballistisc looks really cute: It's a bright yellow with a little bit of a vanilla stick, sticking out.

 



What the Lush website says about it:
When Mo brings a new Bath Ballistic to a Lush creative team meeting, she gets a bowl full of warm water, drops it in, then hands it around the room for everyone to smell. With the Vanilla Fountain, no-one wanted to let go of the bowl and pass it on. Simon Constantine made the comforting vanilla scent with natural vanilla absolute - the posh stuff made from vanilla pods - with a touch of restful sandalwood and a note of burnt caramel. It was inspired by the extraordinary desserts at Heston Blumental's amazing restaurant.



This ballistisc smells very strongly of vanilla with a nice touch of caramel. It's the caramel that made me buy it in the end. It was in my livingroom this week and everything smelled like it, which wasn't upleasant. I thought this ballistisc might be too strong for me in the bath, so I decided to just use half of it.The water turned a nice and bright yellow colour and the scent was just right. Sweet without being too sweet and with a warm touch to it. Needles to say, I loved it. I soaked in the bath for nearly two hours: I tend to read a book and forget the time. After that I was totally relaxed and when I got out and had dried myself, my skin still smelled like Vanilla Fountain...yummy!

Vanilla Fountain is available in Lush stores and at Lush mailorder, for about 4,75 euro.

By the way, if you're into vanilla scents, Lush now has a whole line of products with vanilla scent. A bodylotion, a Perfume, a massagebar, a solid perfume, a dusting powder, a soap and ocourse the ballistic from this blog.