Rusk Thick Review

Hello all! It's review time! Today I'm reviewing Rusk Thick - Body and Texture Amplifier from their Designer Collection. I have to admit this is one of those products that, had it not been included in a gift set (see here), I probably wouldn't have tried it. But it was, and I'm glad I did. You can definitely feel a difference in your hair when you use it, and I'd definitely suggest it to anyone with fine, limp hair looking for a little more oomph!

Taking out all the fluff, we're left with: Water, SD Alcohol 40-B, Polyquaternium-11, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Quaternium-26, Olealkonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Benzophenone-4, Propylene Glycol.

I like that Thick doesn't have a lot of fluff in it, but I don't like that it contains alcohol. I'm praying cosmetic chemists will find a reasonable substitute for it soon, cos even though it's not the worst ingredient ever, it's not the best either. Oh well, if you're reallllly against alcohol in hair products, move on. If it's worth anything, I really have not found this product to be drying at all, but to each their own...

Moving on, Polyquaternium-11 is a fixative used in hair products to add shine with a slight hold. Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (wheat turned partially to water by means of hydrolysis) replicates the strength and elasticity found in healthy hair. Panthenol aka vitamin B5 moisturizes hair and plumps it up, making it feel thicker and look healthier.

Dimethicone + meadowfoam seed oil = Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate. Meadowfoam seed oil comes from the seeds of the Alba plant; it is a very rich emollient, popular because it absorbs into skin very quickly. It conditions very well and adds a lot of moisture to hair. PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether + Quaternium-26 are other good, conditioning emollients. Olealkonium Chloride is used to up the viscosity of a product, and can also be used as a mild cationic surfactant. Polysorbate 20 is an emulsifier, which if you're new here means it basically makes all the ingredients work together and not separate. Propylene Glycol is a humectant. Humectants draw in and seal moisture in your hair + skin.

Even though Thick contains alcohol, it more than makes up for it by including all these conditioning ingredients. I personally like it, because it can be layered with other products without weighing down your hair, and you honestly just need a few spritzes all over to feel the effect. As for the scent, I can best describe it as smelling... fresh. It just has that nice, fresh hair product smell. I can't really describe it any better lol. I like it, and I think you will too, so go on - give it a shot!

Rusk Thick comes in a 6 fl oz. / 150 ml bottle, and retails for around $13. There are lots and lots of reviews coming soon! So sit tight, have a good weekend, and take care of your hair! ;]