Product: Plant Gel, Salt, Ratanhia & Calendula Toothpastes.
Ingredients: (click to see complete lists of ingredients) Plant Gel Toothpaste, Salt Toothpaste, Ratanhia Toothpaste or Calendula Toothpaste.
- Price: $7.00
- Size: 3.3 OZ (97.5g)
- Texture: Plant Gel (gel), the rest were like a paste.
- Taste: Plant Gel - Minty. Salt - Minty / Salty. Calendula - Licorice. Ratanhia - A combo of Calendula & Plant Gel.
- Visual Attractiveness: I like the colorful tubes, packaging could use an update though.
- How Much I Needed: Normal amount.
- How Long I've Used It: 3-4 months so far.
- Where to Find: Weleda
- Sample Sizes: Only of the Calendula one as far as I know. They should offer an oral care sample / travel kit.
- Acquired: I purchased the Plant Gel one, the rest were sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
- Loved: The metal tubes. That they have healthy ingredients that work! No fluoride, detergents, synthetic fragrances, colours, preservatives and raw materials derived from mineral oils. Woo-hoo!
- Hated: Slightly pricey. That they all had screw-caps instead of flip-caps. That they're hard to find in stores like Target & Whole Foods.
- The GG's Final Thoughts: Did you know that your dental health is directly related to your overall health? I've definitely had waaaay more than my fair share of dental issues in the past year. The culprit? Most likely radiation damage from Breast Cancer treatment... another story for another time though. I've had my entire mouth pretty much re-done (not an exaggeration, it was a painfully ongoing project) and the amount of money, tears, anxiety, not being able to smile, etc... does not even begin to cover it. Needless to say, I have NO intentions of EVER going through all this agony ever again... so you better believe I've been on the prowl to find natural oral heath care products that have healthy, yet effective ingredients! For one, I haven't found any others that have even come close to the ingredients in these so far. Flavors are subtle... you can still eat, drink, etc. after brushing (not sure why you'd want to, but you can). None of them foam in case that's a deal breaker (fine with me) and I love how clean my teeth and gums feel on a regular basis. I use these with my Sonicare Toothbrush which also helps, for sure :) Since I actually liked all of them, it was really hard to choose! My FAVE out of the bunch is the Plant Gel. I love, love, love minty anything as far as food, gum, toothpaste, chocolate (especially, Lol) etc... but also hate that "too cold" feeling like as if you just ate Antartica! Thankfully, not the case here. The Salt one made my teeth feel the best out of all of them. Definitely an acquired taste... minty and salty with little scrubbies, but nothing I couldn't get used to. Another plus is that if you don't like mint at all, there are other options... now that's hard to come by in toothpaste! The Calendula tastes like licorice and was probably my least FAVE of them all, but I still liked it. And the Ratanhia was sort of a combination of the Calendula & the Plant Gel which I liked as well. Thanks Weleda...Rock on! With (naturally) minty-fresh kisses... xo