REVIEW: Weleda Ratanhia Mouthwash Concentrate

Goal: To find a truly natural mouthwash.
Brand: Weleda
Product: Ratanhia Mouthwash Concentrate
Description: Refreshes mouth and breath. Rinse away bad breath with the power of this refreshing mouthwash. It’s an invigorating mouthful of pure organic and natural plant extracts that soothe and tone your gums while freshening your breath. Myrrh is widely known as a natural oral disinfectant. Organic ratanhia is a powerful astringent that tones the delicate skin around your gums and teeth and helps reduce harmful bacteria. Horse chestnut bark extract is a complementary astringent that also serves as an oral antiseptic. Your mouth feels clean and soothed with a long-lasting freshness of peppermint and eucalyptus that you can smell and taste. When you rinse away bad breath and naturally freshen your mouth, you’re once again ready to get up close and personal.
Ingredients: (INCI) Alcohol, Water (Aqua), Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Extract, Krameria Triandra (Ratanhia) Root Extract, Flavor (Aroma)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Eugenol*, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract**, Silver**, Magnesium Sulfate**.* from natural essential oils.** in highly diluted form
  • Price: $9.00
  • Size: 1.7 FL OZ (50ml)
  • Texture: Liquid.
  • Scent: Ahhh... refreshing...
  • Visual Attractiveness: Could use a little makeover ;)
  • How Much I Needed: About 5-10 drops.
  • How Long I've Used It: About 3 months.
  • Where to Find: Weleda.
  • Sample Sizes: Not that I know of... if would be FAB if they offered an entire oral care sample / travel kit though.
  • Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion. 
  • Loved: The small bottle, that I can make it as strong or as weak as I want and that it makes up to one gallon of mouthwash... which will last me FOREVER!
  • Hated: That I need an extra cup or glass in the bathroom.
  • The GG's Final Thoughts: I was never really a mouthwash kind of girl (probably part of the problem). Brushing & flossing, yes. But mouthwash, no. I always hated the way it burned first thing in the morning... like flash-backs of flaming pre-party shots on a wild girl's night out, ick! Surprisingly enough though this is quite a pleasure to use... morning or evening... a much gentler approach to sensitive gums, teeth and an overall clean mouth! Yippie! It's not too minty or too herbal like I anticipated. Plus, you can adjust the strength as you'd like. I put a few drops in the glass (usually about 5-10), then add warm water. I can't even complain about the price with this product (that's a first, I know). I can't believe this one tiny little bottle can make a whole entire gallon of mouthwash... that's just NUTS! I will probably seriously have this for the rest of my life! My only real gripe is that I wish the cap doubled as the drinkable measuring cup type like on most conventional brands. Yikes, sorry Weleda! Since it doesn't, I keep an old sorority shot glass in my bathroom cabinet for this purpose (yes, I wiped the dust off it... tear, sniffle, sniffle)... Lord knows I don't drink Jager out of it anymore, Lol... might as well put it to good use, ha ha! Don't judge ;) I can't help but wonder if there are any plans for other flavors like oh, say... MINT in the near future? Thanks Weleda! Muah xo