RECIPE: "Glamorganic Goddess Green Juice"


Hello Breakfast of Champions! I typically drink 20-32 oz. of this Green Juice for Breakfast every single day (with a few minor variations). It's very similar to my Veggie Vixen Green Juice Recipe (for the Vitamix), but MUCH easier to get down. The very borrrrring, technical and not so sexy name for it is "The Anti-inflammatory Juice Recipe" (Blahhhh! Lol.) from my Nutritionist / Biochemist, Dr. Nick. So I call it whatever my little ♥ desires- as long as I can get it down! When I first started juicing, there were plenty of mornings I woke up and called it the "I Don't Want To Effing Drink This Sh*t Today Juice" ha-ha... but luckily, I'm a little more mature about it now. :)

When my Dr. gave me this Recipe- it was just Veggies on a list... no quantities or measurements (I added the Carrot & the Apple to help me get it down, whatever works, right?). I had no idea what to do. So there really is no exact Recipe or Method to the Madness here. Just use some of everything listed, and use as much / little of the things you like / hate. For example if you LOVE Lemon, but HATE Ginger add more Lemon & less Ginger :)
 

This Recipe works best in a Juicer, rather than a Blender. I use my Breville IKON Juicer (which I ♥ BTW, and would probably take first if my house were to catch on fire)!
 
Here's what I use:
  • Kale: 3-4  big leaves (or more if they're smaller). The Big Daddy of things to juice! Since I don't like to eat it- I drink it. Anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer (carries oxygen to blood cells), boosts immune system by resisting infections, wards off cardiovascular disease, guards against illness and cell damage, helps the body develop healthy tissue, bones and teeth, increases muscle contraction and function, nerve transmission and pulse signals throughout the body, protects your eyes from UV sunlight, enables blood clotting to stop bleeding during injuries, helps maintain glowing skin, helps depression, relieves excess menstrual flow. 
  • Parsley: A small handful (don't cut the stems). Nutritional Powerhouse- cleanses blood, protects against arthritis, halitosis, reduces occurrence of bladder, kidney and urinary tract infections, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer (neutralizes carcinogens and reduces free radical damage), promotes hair growth, heart health, known as an immunity booster, regulates monthly menstrual cycle, increases wound healing.
  •  Cucumber: One huge one (first get your mind out of the gutter, Lol then cut the ends off & peel it if it's not Organic). This is always the base for my juice... where the bulk of the juice in the juice comes from, so try to use the largest cucumbers you can find! Alkalizes body's pH, regulates blood pressure, builds connective tissue, regulates body temperature, diuretic, reduces water retention, inflammation and puffy eyes, promotes healthy hair growth, relieves sunburn, eczema, psoriasis, and acne, cleanses the liver and gallbladder.
  •  Lemon: One 1/2 (peeled). I use regular lemons but also really like Meyer Lemons when I can find them. Alkalizing to the stomach, increases level of enzymes detoxifying carcinogens, wards off colds, digestion, soothes tired feet, dry skin, sore throats, swollen gums, heart burn, anti- inflammatory and anti-cancer.
  • Ginger: One Chunk (peeled). The more you use of this, the more it will add (sort of spicy) sweetness to your juice. Start with less the first few times, then add more to taste. Known to have 12 types of anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, increases circulation, aphrodisiac (woo-hoo! LOL), anticoagulant, fights colds and fatigue, aides in digestion, lowers cholesterol, helps menstruation disorders, natural pain killer.
  •  Apple: One entire apple (I quarter it, unpeeled leaving seeds and core, removing the stem). I LOVE LOVE LOVE Honey Crisp, Fuji, Gala, or Pink Lady Apples. The sweeter the apples, the sweeter the juice. This is one thing that I always buy Organic no matter what. Has anti-viral properties, flushes kidneys and liver, cleanses and rejuvenates intestines, immediate source of energy, promotes healthy bones, skin, hair and nails, antioxidant properties, increases memory and brain function, reduces risk of cancer.
  • Carrot: One whole carrot (scrubbed, unpeeled- top and bottom cut off). Carrots will also make your juice sweeter. Also known as "Miracle Juice", anemia, balances blood sugar, helps with skin problems and acne, repairs eye health, anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting, increases fertility, boosts immune system, maintains digestive health and urinary tracts, fights fatigue and bacterial infections, relieves congestion, constipation and water retention.
  •  Celery: 1-2 Stalks. I love to eat celery, but I don't like my juice to taste like celery for some reason- so I use less of this. Reduces allergic reactions, lowers blood pressure, balances pH acidity, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer, hydrates and cools the body, nerve tonic- calms the nervous system aiding in insomnia, diuretic and curbs sugar cravings, cleans kidneys, reduces stress and anxiety, strengthens nerve and heart tissue.
  •  Fennel: One layer of the bulb (& stems if I have them). Also sweetens the juice and takes the edge off the greens. I'm not particularly crazy about fennel- but I LOVE it in my juice! Weird. Lol. Blood strengthener, detoxifier, aides in digestion, diuretic and weight loss, prevents nausea, kidney disease, hypertension, calms the mind, releases endorphins.
My Tips and Tricks:
  • I recycle my (if you want to call it that) Plastic Produce Bags (clear one's you put your Fruit and Veggies in) and use them in the Catch Basket of my juicer when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to wash it each time... they fit perfectly (thanks to the lady at Williams-Sonoma for that tip)!
  • I begin juicing with all my green, leafy-stuff first. To get more juice out of my greens (Kale, Parsley, Spinach, Romaine, etc.) I slice my Cucumber into rounds using half  of the Cuke (slice, by slice) between rolled or folded pieces of the leaves to "flush" the green juice out faster and the other half at the very end.
  • I use this OXO Brush to clean the Filter Basket in my Juicer, instead of the one it came with (made my life MUCH simpler)!
  • Recipe usually makes about 20-32 oz. depending on the size of your Fruits & Veggies.
  • Pour into a pint glass (once), fill into a wine glass (twice), fill a martini glass (3 times) or a shot glass (several times)! LOL. Do what you gotta do!  
  • Use a straw... use a crazy straw, bendy straw, put umbrella-ellas in it, whatever works to get it down the fastest! A little secret trick I learned in my college drinking days... ahh sorority life! Ha ha.  
  • If you think this is a little too green for you... start out with a more simple juice at first. Apple and Carrots sweeten the juice, so you can always add more of those. A good basic juice recipe is carrot, apple, cucumber and lemon. As you become more comfortable with juicing- you can add all the other stuff. 
Now, if only I could add some Vodka...  Just kidding!! If I can do it... YOU CAN DO IT! Bottoms up Beautiful! xo