Goldwell Rich Repair Leave-In Hairtip Serum.

Hey guys! Today I'm reviewing Goldwell Rich Repair Leave-In Hairtip Serum. The struggle for healthy hair never ends. It's an interesting little product; I kind of like the fact that it's specifically made for the ends of your hair.


At first I was a little turned off by it, because I saw alcohol on the ingredients list. And when I opened the bottle to smell it, I could smell the alcohol in it. For a second I thought, why would you want to put alcohol in a product for split ends? Alcohol is mainly used for hold in hairsprays and gels and such. But then it came to me, the alcohol is used to smooth down your ends to make it look like your hair is healthy! So once I figured that out, then I wondered if it was going to smooth my ends, or just make them stick together. But once I started using it regularly, I could see that the serum isn't just all alcohol, but it works with all the other ingredients to smooth my dry, damaged ends. Oh, and once the product is in your hands, you don't even smell the alcohol. So, it doesn't actually repair anything, but it does give the illusion of healthier ends. And in the end, isn't that what all "repairing" products do?

Now that I'm done rambling, let's take a look at the ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Dimethiconol, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Isopropyl Myristate, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolized Silk, Phenyl Trimethicone, Water, Octyldodecyl PCA, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

De-fluffed:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Dimethiconol, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Isopropyl Myristate, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Water, Octyldodecyl PCA, Sodium PCA, Glycerin.

What did I tell you? The alcohol is in a sea of moisturizers and emollients. Cyclopentasiloxane is useful on its own, or for breaking up other silicones, like dimethiconol and phenyl trimethicone. Alcohol denat. stands for denatured alcohol, in case you didn't know. It's what keeps the ends smooth. Hydrolyzed keratin is kind of a "buzz" ingredient, but it can kinda help fill in cracks in the cuticle. Octyldodecyl PCA is an emollient, and sodium PCA is a humectant. The difference is that humectants draw in moisture from the air and lock it in, whereas emollients just add moisture. Glycerin helps add slip and makes hair feel smooth.

So, who would use this? Definitely people with damaged ends, whether it's from coloring or thermal styling. I'd also say it seems light enough to be used on all hair types, but if you have very thick, coarse hair this may not be enough for you. I'm guessing though, because I don't have that type of hair, and I haven't used it on anyone with that type of hair. I'd say it's a good product, because it hasn't been buried underneath all my other stuff. I do use it occasionally, but not all the time. I might even buy it again once I'm out.

Goldwell Rich Repair Leave-In Hairtip Serum comes in a 50 ml / 1.6 fl oz. bottle, and retails for around $17.

That's all for now. Have a great day, and take care of your hair!