Goal: To find a really good, chemical-free mascara with natural ingredients.
Brand I Tried: Real Purity, LLC.
Product: Holistic Formula Mascara in Black.
Product Description: (taken directly from their website) This product is truly amazing and is one of Real Purity's best sellers. We've heard from people all over the world that this is the best mascara they've ever used! Women that have not been able to use mascara in the past due to reactions from chemical-based products, can now wear mascara again.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Beeswax, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Candellila, Cellulose, Pure Plant Extracts, Iron Oxides.
- Price: between $13.00 & $14.50
- Size:.50cc (looks like normal mascara tube size).
- Uses: Mascara.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: Well, it depends on the look you are going for. Covers well with one coat and acts like conventional mascara. 1-2 coats is my usual with conventional mascara. I used 3-4 coats the other day- just to see and it was nice and dramatic, build-able, and didn't flake, so far! Yes, I happen to like Drag-Queen Eyelashes for an everyday look... I'm a reformed MAC addict. Don't judge LOL.
- First Impression: I hope this works! I've heard that natural mascara was the hardest switch!
- Visual Attractiveness: Just a simple, plain, shiny black mascara tube with a green/ white ingredient label (that keeps coming off).
- Texture: Just like conventional mascara.
- Scent: Smells like, ummm... mascara? IDK, I normally don't sniff my mascara. This is a first.
- How Long I've Used It: Everyday for a week so far.
- Easy To Find And Where? Naturaljoybeauty.com and Realpurity.com
- Acquired: Sent to me to review from Natural Joy Beauty.
- Customer Service: Excellent! Joy, the owner of Natural Joy Beauty is awesome! She responds quickly to emails, is extremely knowledgeable about the ingredients, picky about the products they sell and really nice! I can order just about anything from her and know that it's safe for me to use- which gives me great piece of mind these days! She is also very active on The Glamorganic Goddess Facebook Page and has one for their store which is really cool too!
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: I'm not sure if Real Purity does, but Natural Joy Beauty does... for everything but mascara, I think. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE is that Natural Joy Beauty offers samples of just about every single product they sell (almost all are about .99 cents each)! Fabulous! Check them out!
- Product This Will Be Replacing: Loreal Paris Telescopic Explosion Mascara in Carbon Black 990.
- EWG's Skin Deep - Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Loreal Paris Telescopic Explosion Mascara in Carbon Black 990: 4.
- EWG's Skin Deep - Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Real Purity Holistic Mascara in Black: 2.
- Verdict: Ok, so I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara actually. Do I think it could use a little more umph! Yes, but if I take the time to apply another coat or so- it has it. What is two extra seconds when you're getting ready? The party starts when I arrive. LOL. During my research, I had heard that conventional mascara was one of the most difficult products to replace with a natural alternative. So I was a little terrified to try, considering all of the issues I have been having with replacing other products. This is my first attempt with a natural mascara and so far so good. YAY! Did I just get lucky? LOL. In other reviews, many people mentioned that it runs when you sweat or when it rains, which was also one of my main concerns. Nobody wants to walk around looking like a raccoon people! I generally apply pressed powder under my eyes anyway- I did experience hot weather/ rain (not torrential down pours though... I will update when I do, and you will probably hear me cursing from there haha) in the past week but had absolutely no issues with this. I haven't had a party-girl night in awhile, so I haven't slept in it yet (bad girl)... but that will be the true test! I do however have very sensitive eyes and wear contacts and have had no problems so far which is awesome! I know mascara is something that takes time to decide if you love it or hate it... you have to wear it a lot to judge it, so if you don't hear from me on this... it's a keeper. I just wanted to post it, because a lot of you have been asking. All in all- I would definitely buy this again! Thanks Joy!