Goal: To find a natural & safe body scrub.
Brand I Tried: Bubble and Bee Organic
Product: Raspberry Lemonade Salt Scrub
Product Description: (directly from their website) A summertime treat all year long. Real lemon essential oil revitalizes the senses while red raspberry seeds exfoliate. Exfoliate, clean, and moisturize all at the same time! The great thing about our salt scrubs is that they lather. Unlike traditional scrubs, these won't leave an oil slick in your tub. Use it as your all-over body wash and enjoy the fresh scent of Raspberry Lemonade.
Ingredients: Sea Salt from the Great Salt Lake, vegetable glycerin, organic sunflower oil, decyl polyglucose, organic lemon essential oil, organic raspberry extract, red raspberry seeds, rosemary extract, vitamin E (tocopherol).
- Price: $14.99 (they also have a larger size)
- Size: 8 oz.
- Uses: Body wash, Body Scrub and Moisturizer all-in-one!
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: A little scoop... it lathers!
- First Impression: Smells like Martinis! Yummy!
- Visual Attractiveness: Nice, colorful, water-proof label.
- Texture: Tiny, smooth, granules of sea salt in liquid. Stir it around before you use it.
- Scent: Did I mention that it smells like martinis? Like, "Girls Night Out" in a jar!
- How Long I've Used It: 2-3 weeks.
- Easy To Find And Where? Bubble & Bee Organic
- Acquired: Sent to me to review.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: Not of this particular product, BUT they are starting to offer sample/ travel sizes for a fraction of the cost with some of their other fabulous products (which is great BTW!).
- EWG's Skin Deep - Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 0. A Big Fat Zero! Woo-Hoo!!
- Verdict: I heart Body Scrubs and I'm hanging onto Summer with a death-grip! I don't want it to go, but the good news is the refreshing scent of this amazing scrub will bring me back with the twist of a lid! To me, it smells like a Lemon-Drop Martini with Raspberry Stoli = Yummy! Shaken, not stirred of course. Just sayin'... I call it like I see it, LOL! Plus... IT LATHERS! I've never used a scrub that lathered before- so YAY for that, it's awesome! My only piff (and it isn't really anything major) is that I'm not particularly fond of the raspberry seeds for some reason. I don't know why. I know it adds to the authenticity of the product, but I could do without them. Besides that, this is THE BOMB for Mani's & Pedi's! Skin feels soft and smooth afterwards... and even though it says that I don't have to moisturize- I still use my "Body Butta" because I am hooked on that like a crack-head! Don't laugh, I'm serious. Ha ha. Although this is one of Bubble and Bee's very few products that are not organic, I still feel very safe using it (it's 100% natural with some certified organic ingredients). You all know by now that I love me some Bubble and Bee Organics- and over time, I have come to trust Stephanie Greenwood's (owner) judgement in formulating the company's truly all-natural products. That in itself says a lot for me! Don't get me wrong- I am still a psycho-path with the label reading people! But I pretty much know I can just grab off of the virtual shelf in their online store, which is a blessing! Whew. Thanks and Smooches Bubble and Bee for being a company that does the right thing- by making healthy products, keeping your customers up to date and informed on ingredients and setting new industry standards!