REVIEW: Gabriel Cosmetics Blush


Goal: To find natural / organic Blush.
Brand: Gabriel Cosmetics
Product: Gabriel Color Blush in Rose.
Description: A rich palette of delicate and natural looking shades designed to give skin instant health and radiance. Matte colors blend perfectly over skin to provide lasting color and a natural glow. Blush may be re-applied to achieve the desired intensity of color without fear of powdery build-up. Formulated with earth pigments and completely free of Mineral Oil and Talc.
Ingredients: Mica, Cetyl Palmitate, Silica, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lecithin, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides, and Titanium Dioxide.
  • Price: $18.35
  • Size: .1oz/3g
  • Texture: Pressed powder.
  • Scent: N/A.
  • Visual Attractiveness: I like the solid black containers.
  • How Much I Needed: Just a light dusting.
  • How Long I've Used It: About a month or two.
  • Where to Find: Gabriel Cosmetics Inc.
  • Sample Sizes: No, but I wish they did.
  • Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
  • Loved: The amount of pigment, that I can find it at a local store to choose the color, and that the containers are solid black (which make it easier to see the true color).
  • Hated: The screw-caps on the containers (reminds me of old-school M.A.C. containers)... a flip cap like on the ZuZu containers would be much more convenient, and that it can be slightly too dry & blotchy if not blended well.
  • The GG's Final Thoughts: Blush is probably the one product that I care the least about... eye shadow is where it's really at for me! Although I wear it everyday, I just don't actually consider myself to be a hardcore blush person. I'm not the type that has it in 10 different shades, I just need the right one, and I'm good to go! Regardless of that fact, it doesn't lower my standards... it still has to work, and work well! Gabriel is the third natural blush brand that I've tried and have found this one to work the best so far! The other two didn't stay on at all, so they're not even worth the mention. I got this in Rose, which is a nice mix of all three colors... it's not too pink, not too brown and it's not too orange. I do wish it were slightly more brown though- you know us Jersey Girls, "Tan" is ALWAYS the "new Blush", Lol. This gives that warm, pretending to have been baking in the sun all day look if you use it on top of your bronzer, wink, wink. Doesn't look like you fake-baked though :) And I do wish there were a wider range of colors to choose from. It's highly pigmented matte pressed powder, which is a HUGE plus because not many in natural cosmetics brands are. But on the downside it's very dry... dry as in, it get's splotchy if you go a little too heavy, making it difficult to blend in. Other than that, it wears well, FAB for day or night. Less is waaaay more with this product... I think I'll have it for the rest of my life :) Thanks Gabriel! xo