3 Year Wedding Anniversary!

Today, it's our 3 year wedding anniversary, according to Dutch tradition, a 'leather'wedding. Now, before you all get freaky fetish images in your head, Dutch tradition(and some others aswell) have special nicknames for wedding anniversaries. A 2yr is called paper if I remember correctly, 12,5 is called copper, 25 silver, and so on. Both of our parents already had their Coral wedding, which is 35 years!

Anyway, I'm not sure if we will be celebrating today, since we are saving up a bit for Castlefest and our birthdays. But I'm thinking about wearing some leather, hahaha ;)

It's 3 years ago, when Sid came to my door in this awesome outfit:


When we went to the city house:

When my dad gave me away:

When we said I do:


And were finally Husband and Wife:

I still look at Sidney this way everyday and still feel the butterflies:

And I know he still checks me out ;) :


My beloved, It's been 3 years already, but it only feels like yesterday when we sealed our marriage with a kiss. When we wrote our names on the contract, and we celebrated with our closest friends and family. It feels like only yesterday when we met and instantly became friends, when we shared our first kiss, and when I moved to Alkmaar to be with you. I know we have shared darker days, in the beginning when we met, but for example also when we finally found out you had diabetes. But no matter what, we were and are there for eachother. I couldn't have asked for a better friend, let alone a better husband. I am not without my flaws, but with you, I am able to be myself. You are the light that makes me wake up in the morning, and the comfort that makes me fall asleep at night. I don't think words could ever express how I feel about you, but I also know, that I don't need those words. Even without marriage, you would have me body, heart and soul. But at least now, it's legal ;)  My world is a better place with you in it, and I look forward to many more years to share with you.
My dearest Sidney, these are just 3 simple words I say to you every day, but they say it best: I love you.


------
If you want to read more love dovey stuff, read the blog hubby posted ;)