♥ REVIEW: Pomega5 Skin Perfecting Cleansing Trio - Green Tea Balancing Cleansing Bar, Lemongrass Clarifying Cleansing Bar + Bulgarian Rose Moisturizing Beauty Bar ♥

Goal: To find a natural face wash or soap that removes makeup and takes care of all of my skin's needs at different times of the month and year.
Brand: Pomega5
Product: Skin Perfecting Cleansing Trio (includes Green Tea Balancing Cleansing Bar, Lemongrass Clarifying Cleansing Bar and Bulgarian Rose Moisturizing Beauty Bar).
Description: Based on a blend of extra virgin olive oil and pomegranate seed oil, Pomega5's Skin Perfecting Cleansing Trio incorporates purifying and skin rejuvenating botanicals and essential oils to offer a one-of-a-kind sensory experience for the skin and soul. Try all three at once to discover your favorite, or alternate depending on mood! Lemongrass invigorates and awakens, Green Tea energizes, and Bulgarian Rose harmonizes. Complimentary ribbon wrap makes the Trio a perfect gift.

Green Tea Balancing Cleansing Bar: Green Tea Balancing Cleansing Bar draws upon the protective, anti-inflammatory properties of green tea and purifying botanicals like lemongrass, verbena and medicinal sage to restore skin’s equilibrium. Formulated with extra virgin olive oil, this facial bar cleanses deeply to minimize pore size and provide hydration, leaving skin with an even tone, softness and natural luster you can see. A universal facial cleanser formulated with antioxidant pomegranate seed oil, green tea and verbena to fight free radicals and restore balance.
Skin Type: All skin types
Ingredients: Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cymbopogon Citratus (Lemongrass) Leaf Oil, Verbena Officinalis (Vervain) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Flower/Leaf Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil.
Price per 120 g / 4.2 oz bar: $ 22.00 (if purchased seperately).

Lemongrass Clarifying Cleansing Bar: Drawing on centuries of traditional soap-making practices, Tzeira developed this cleansing bar using the most premium ingredients sourced from the Mediterranean. Extra virgin olive oil, precious pomegranate seed oil, herbs, and essential oils of lemongrass and eucalyptus deeply cleanse and purify skin to keep it clear, soft and thoroughly nourished. Irresistibly fresh, this classic favorite is not just a facial cleanser: it's an experience. A deeply cleansing and invigorating olive oil facial cleanser, formulated with purifying lemongrass and eucalyptus essential oils.
Skin Type: Normal, oily, problematic, acne-prone.
Ingredients: Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Prosopis Cineraria Bark, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Myrtus Communis (Myrtle) Oil, Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Oil, Cymbopogon Citratus (Lemongrass) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lemongrass Botanical Sprinkle.
Price per 120 g / 4.2 oz bar: $ 22.00 (if purchased seperately).

Bulgarian Rose Moisturizing Beauty Bar: This nourishing, smoothing and exfoliating cleansing bar is perfectly suited for mature or dry, sensitive skin in search of deep cleansing that will not strip its moisture and balance. Designed by Tzeira to stimulate all of the senses, Bulgarian Rose Moisturizing Beauty Bar contains calming red clover, a velvety smooth lather and soothing essential oils of rose and vanilla. A gentle facial cleanser made with soothing rosewood, lavender and vanilla essential oils to provide nourishment and calm the most delicate of skin.
Skin Type: Dry, mature, sensitive.
Ingredients: Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Prosopis Cineraria Bark, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Myrtus Communis (Myrtle) Oil, Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Oil, Cymbopogon Citratus (Lemongrass) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Fruit Oil, Trifolium Pratense (Red Clover) Flowers.
Price per 120 g / 4.2 oz bar: $ 25.00 (if purchased seperately).
  • Price for Trio: $ 60.00
  • Size: 3 bars, 120 g / 4.2 oz each
  • Texture: Bar Soap
  • Scent: They all smell like what they are- very calming.
  • Visual Attractiveness: Very natural looking, natural colors.
  • How Much I Needed: Normal amount.
  • How Long I've Used It: Lemongrass for about 6 months and the Green Tea and Bulgarian Rose for about a week.
  • Where to Find: Pomega5
  • Sample Sizes: Nope, but I really wish they did!
  • Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
  • Customer Service: FAB!
  • Loved: The ingredients, that they remove ALL of makeup (eye makeup too!) without stinging my eyes, or stripping my skin, how truly clean and nourished my skin feels after using them! 
  • Hated: The price, ouch!
  • The GG's Final Thoughts: For me, the most important thing besides the ingredients... is the fact that all three of these remove makeup in a flash... without burning or stinging my super sensitive eyes... without stripping my skin. No traces of makeup left behind on my white face towels. So as for that... Woo-Hoo, mission accomplished! At first, I wasn't crazy about the smell of the Bulgarian Rose, I wanted it to smell like a bouquet of roses, but it didn't to me. I've never really been a floral girl in terms of body care stuff, so maybe I'm used to smelling synthetic rose scent? IDK. It grew on me though. Love the smell of the other two though! I found the directions for these to be interesting- they say to "work Cleansing Bar in a circular motion over the face to cleanse. Exfoliate with edges of bar as desired". I didn't read the directions, I didn't even know there were any until the other day, Lol- I  just lathered it in my hands first as usual- which works too. BUT, it works wayyyyy better when following their directions! Oh, so smooth and creamy! LOVE! Who knew?  I LOVE having all three of these and tend to alternate depending on my skin at that particular moment... it's a little fussy, so I can't say I really have a FAVE. I love them all equally =) My skin is moody- especially throughout the month (and the year), so it's nice to be able to adjust it to the weather and my needs. I keep all three in the dish at the same time which worked out perfectly for me. If I'm breaking out- I use the Lemongrass (slightly drys and tightens). Dry? The Bulgarian Rose (calms sensitive skin) is perfect in the morning before applying my makeup and don't even need a moisturizer when I use it. If I'm oily- I use the Green Tea (the happy medium between the Lemongrass and the Rose). When was the last time you could do that with a face wash? All in all I'm really impressed! Rare, I know... but I would totally buy these again! I have to say that Pomega5 is by far the most luxurious facial bar soaps I've ever used. No joke. Thanks for solving so many of the issues I had Pomega5. Heart you! xo  

PS- since these are a tad pricey, you might want to cut all three bars into smaller pieces. Besides the fact that it's the perfect size to work across your face, doing this also helps keep your soap from "melting" allowing the bars to last longer.

♥ UPDATE: 11.1.11 ♥ - Still using these with NO complaints :) The Bulgarian Rose Moisturizing Beauty Bar is by far, my absolute FAVE! xo