How to: Depot an 'empty' Hema eyeshadowbase

We all love the Hema eyeshadowbase, but it seems to go 'empty' pretty fast. Because the applicator only gets the base from the middle of the jar, the rest is still glued to the sides of the jar. So most of your base is unreachable. I decided to depot my old eyeshadowbase, and show you how easy it is to do.

What you need:

  • A sharp knife
  • An empty jar

First, you take the knife and cut of the top of the eyeshadowbase, like this:
You might even want to cut a little lower, because I could barely reach the bottom with the applicator this way. I didn't want to go to low and have splinters of plastic in my base though.

Then I took the applicator and started scooping the base out and scooping it into the empty jar.
This is the result:

It's really a 5 min job, and look at the result! This jar is almost full, and it's not a really small jar either.
The jar I used, compared to a Gosh Effect Powder jar:

This way, I can use the base for many more weeks, and save myself 3 euros. It's the small things in life, right? hahaha. Don't forget to use a jar that closes tightly, otherwise your base can dry out.