♥ REVIEW: Jane Iredale Eye Shadow Kits ♥

 
Goal: To replace my MAC with eye shadow that has cleaner ingredients.
Brand: Jane Iredale
Product: Eye Shadow Kits in Daytime, Nighttime, Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, and Perfectly Nude.
Daytime Eye Shadow Kit
Description: The Daytime Eye Shadow Kit's five colors work together to create beautiful, delicate shading. It contains Almond, a color that’s ideal for that daytime glow. The Oyster shade can be used not just for the eyes but for highlighting the top of the cheekbone as well. Includes five colors: Oyster, Almond, Cappuccino, Dark Suede and Charcoal. Use each shade alone, layer or blend together. Formulated with minerals, botanical extracts and silica. Creates gorgeous, natural-looking eyes. Packaged in a mirrored compact with application brush.
Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Pine Bark Extract, Pomegranate Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.
Price: $ 48.00
Nighttime Eye Shadow Kit
Description: Nighttime is as versatile as our Daytime Kit but with a lot of shimmery oomph! There isn't a party you won't be ready for if you keep Nighttime in your purse! Includes five colors: Kiss, Supernova, Khaki, Dusk and Merlot. Made with pure, good-for-the-skin minerals. Colors can be used wet or dry. Includes an eye shadow brush and compact mirror.
Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Pine Bark Extract, Pomegranate Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens.                                     
Price: $ 46.00
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes Eye Shadow Kit
Description: Five sultry hues to enhance and define your eyes. Includes five shades: Nude, Violet, Aubergine, Sizzle and Sheer Gold. Use each shade alone, layer or blend together. Formulated with minerals, botanical extracts and silica. Creates gorgeously smoky eyes. Packaged in a mirrored compact with a soft application brush.
Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Pine Bark Extract, Pomegranate Extract. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines.                                
Price: $ 48.00
Perfectly Nude Eye Shadow Kit
Description: Finally, a beauty secret that private eyes can keep to themselves. This bewitching palette features five shades guaranteed to draw attention to your eyes, instead of your makeup.  Choose between Cream, Foxy, Cappuccino, Antique Gold and Copper, or create your own combo for a bright-eyed spring look.
Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Pine Bark Extract, Pomegranate Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.                                     
Price: $ 52.00
  • Size: 9 g / .32 oz. (1.8 g / .06 oz. each eye shadow).
  • Texture: Pressed Powder
  • Visual Attractiveness: Palette cases are nice, but not practical for me.
  • How Much I Needed: A tad more on the lighter shades than I did with MAC, usual amount with everything else.
  • How Long I've Used It: About 5 months.
  • Where to Find: ShopJaneIredale.com
  • Sample Sizes: No, but I wish they did!
  • Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
  • Customer Service: Awesome! Everyone I've dealt with at this company has been amazing and answered any questions I had!
  • Loved: The variety of colors, how well they wear!
  • Hated: That there's dimethicone in these shadows, wasn't a fan of the brushes included in the kits either- they're shaped like lip brushes. I also wished the cases had an all transparent cover so I could see the colors without having to open them.
  • The GG's Final Thoughts: LOVE these, but let me just clarify my stand on this... is this the cleanest as far as ingredients in eye shadow go? No. But, it's a step in the right direction from what I was using... MAC. I was a loyal, 15 year addict. I have a HUGE passion for makeup- (especially eye shadow) and have a laundry list of things I look for when shopping for it. I'm really picky! I only like pressed powders (no loose powders, creams, etc.- so this is a huge challenge when looking for naturals) I also prefer a variety of shade / color options, all highly pigmented, with great coverage and no harmful ingredients. Color payoff is also an absolute must. The ingredients can be as clean as a whistle- but if they don't show-up on me or wear well, it's a total deal breaker and I'm not going to use them, bottom line. In my experience, it's been  difficult to find truly natural makeup with a lot of color options, so this is where I allow myself to bend certain ingredient rules if I have to. It's pretty difficult to get some of the brighter colors without Carmine and other not so snazzy ingredients. All in all I really love these and the way they perform! I also love that they offer matte shades (another difficult thing to find with naturals). When I've tried other natural brands in the past, I had a really hard time trying to get the lighter shades (creams, golds, whites) to show up on my slightly olive skin (I'm not dark at all BTW). On the other hand, the darker shades were never an issue in that way- but often looked like dirt on my face by the end of the day. Not the case at all with these, so that's a plus! Overall I'm not a huge fan of the kits like this though... I noticed I have a tendency to favor certain colors more than others and am then left carrying around a whole kit for just one little, lonely eye shadow. I would definitely purchase these again in the future... but individual colors next time, for sure. Thanks JI! xo :)