REVIEW: Yarok FEED YOUR HOLD Style Sustaining Hair Spray

Goal: To find a truly natural hair spray that works!
Brand: Yarok
Product: FEED YOUR HOLD Style Sustaining Hair Spray - Medium Hold.
Description: Ever wonder what the best way is to sustain your style without weighing down your hair? Or weighing on the planet?
Finally, there’s a way with this all natural, non-aerosol, non-sticky hair spray free of alcohol, parabens, sulfates and cruelty. Now you can sustain your style and the earth's atmosphere at the same time with medium-weight control.
(i.e. just enough to keep your style going all day long without gunking up your hair or punching a hole in the ozone.)
Ingredients: Structured Vitamin Water Concentrate, Organic Non-GMO Corn Extract, Vegetable Glyceron (water soluble and hypoallergenic, helps heal and nourish stressed hair, locks moisture in), Plant Sourced Kosher Vegan Xanthan Gum/Potassium Sorbate (all natural preservative), Natural Plant Sourced Vitamin A (antioxidant that aids in the making of healthy sebum in the scalp), Vitamin C (maintains hair health), Vitamin E (deeply nourishes the scalp), Organic Essential Oils of Rosemary (nourishes the scalp, promotes hair growth, strengthens hair) and Litsea Cubeba (tones the scalp and adds pleasant scent.) 

  • Price: $17.00 or $22.00


  • Size: 4 oz or 8 oz


  • Texture: Liquid / Spray

  • Scent: Fresh... like Lemon Italian Ice!

  • Visual Attractiveness: Love the clean labeling look!

  • How Much I Needed: Just a spritz or two.

  • How Long I've Used It: About 6 months.


  • Where to Find: YarokHair.com


  • Sample Sizes: YES! The 4 oz size!


  • Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.

  • Customer Service: Awesome! Super fast shipping, everyone I've dealt with at this company has been amazing and answered any questions I had!

  • Loved: That this keeps my hair in check without being hard, the lemon-y scent and how clean the ingredients are!

  • Hated: That it didn't give me quite as much volume as the conventional, crunchy hair laquer I was used to... can't hold that against the brand though... I don't think it's possible for completely natural ingredients to compete with the copolymers found in conventional brands.

  • The GG's Final Thoughts: In Jersey, we live by the mantra "the higher the hair, the closer to God"... so you can imagine how drastic giving up conventional hair spray has been for me. So much... that's it's taken me over a year to write my first hair spray review. It is by far- one of the most difficult product transitions! While I've come to terms with the fact that there will NEVER be a natural alternative to Aqua Net (Nana's FAVE)... truth be told that I still have a red hot can of Alberto VO5 Extreme Style Max Hold Hair Spray stashed... just in case. Separation anxiety for a Jersey Girl and her aerosol? Perhaps. Don't judge, don't ask me why- haven't used that sh*t in about a year or so. Most likely due to my horrific experience with many of the natural brands I've tried. They all had at least one (if not more) of the following characteristics...were super sticky, never dried, flaked, left a white film on my dark hair, smelled like a health food store or didn't hold anything at all. Ugh! After all the hair nightmares... I finally found Yarok (Thank God, Lol!) I'm REALLY happy to tell you that this product does in fact hold... just a little differently than what I'm used to- and that's not necessarily a bad thing. I actually LOVE that this isn't sticky! It gently holds my hair in place without all the coating or crispiness, keeps my frizzies at bay and my Snookie-Poof in check (which I was rockin' waaaay before she was famous, Lol)! Oh, and FYI- the smell is totally intoxicating! I've used FEED YOUR HOLD on both wet and dry hair. Either way it helps my hair feel soft and shiny instead of dry & dull. I have to admit that aside from this, I've made a lot of crazy changes in terms of hair care in the past year that I never thought I would be able to make. I was married to my hair products just as much as I was to my MAC. I now wash my hair before bed- letting it air dry overnight in order to cut back on the electromagnetic radiation from my blow dryer (for the most part)... and have made the switch to ALL completely natural hair products (minus Hair Color). I've found that my curly, frizzy hair has calmed down, looks healthier, feels better and has become much more manageable... in turn allowing me to use way less product. That in itself is a miracle! Bottom line: I would definitely purchase this again! Guess it's safe to say that I'm finally getting a grip on the whole natural hair spray thing... it's just a softer, silkier one... Lol. Thanks to Yarok! xo