REVIEW: Yarok FEED YOUR ROOTS Volume Enhancer Hair Styling Mousse

Goal: To find a natural hair styling / volumizing mousse.
Brand: Yarok
Product: Feed Your Roots, Volume Enhancer Hair Styling Mousse
Description: Now there’s a way to transform thin, limp, damaged or lifeless hair into voluminous, healthy hair. Feed it what it needs, wants and craves at the roots, and watch it flourish and lead a much fuller life. Raise your hair to new heights with Yarok Feed Your Roots while you lower your carbon footprint with this 100% vegan, cruelty free. all-natural eco-luscious mousse for all hair types.
Ingredients: Nourishing Vitamin Water, Certified Organic Aloe Vera (ultra healing, vitamin and nutrient packed), Organic Non-GMO Corn Extract, Vegetable Glycerin ( heals and seals in moisture), Organic Herbal Extracts of Black Currant (high concentration of gamma-linolenic acid, an essential fatty acid important for Maintaining elasticity of the scalp), Beet Root (strengthens hair), Kham Thai (UV protection) Blueberry (aids in cell rejuvenation),Vitamin A, Natural Plant-Sourced Vitamins B1, B2, B3 and C, Organic Shea Butter (deep hydration), Organic Oils of Avocado (increases natural collagen, high in vitamin E), Olive (heals damaged hair, tames frizzy, dry or tangled hair), Coconut, (high in vitamin E, helps with styling), Palm (deep conditioner), Jojoba (makes hair silky, helps prevent hair loss), Vegetable Castor Oil (helps repair hair and stimulate healthy growth), Grapeseed (helps prevent hair loss), Apricot (conditions, softens hair), Evening Primrose (moisturizes hair and scalp, high in essential fatty acids, helps prevent hair loss), Organic African Black Soap (deep conditioner), Wheat Protein (improves body and shine), extracts of Organic Peppermint (helps relieve dandruff, soothes and cools scalp), Wildcrafted Yucca (helps prevent hair loss/dandruff), Wildcrafted Horsetail (packed with fatty acids that help prevent hair loss), Organic Nettle (helps control oiliness), Organic Melissa (helps to clean hair and adds aromatherapy scent), Plant-Sourced Kosher Vegan Xanthan Gum/Potassium Sorbate (all-natural preservative), Vitamin E (deeply nourishes the scalp) Organic Essential Oils of Rosemary (nourishes the scalp, promotes hair growth, strengthens hair) and Litsea Cubeba (tones the scalp, adds pleasant scent.)
  • Price: $13.00 or  $22.00
  • Size: 2 oz or 8 oz
  • Texture: Foam
  • Scent: Fresh... like Lemon Italian Ice!  
  • Visual Attractiveness: Love the clean labeling look!
  • How Much I Needed: About 5-6 pumps.
  • How Long I've Used It: Off and on for about 6 months- when I wear my hair curly.
  • Where to Find: YarokHair.com
  • Sample Sizes: YES! The 2 oz size!
  • Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
  • Customer Service: Awesome! Super fast shipping, everyone I've dealt with at this company has been amazing and answered any questions I had! 
  • Loved: The clean, modern labeling, the scent, how clean the ingredients are!
  • Hated: That it didn't give me quite as much volume as the conventional, crunchy mousse I was used to... but I can't hold that against the brand though... I don't think it's possible for completely natural ingredients to compete with the plastics found in conventional brands.  
  • The GG's Final Thoughts: This is the best totally natural Mousse I've found yet! We all know how much us Jersey Girls LOVE to scrunch our hair... and I'm happy to let you know that it's still possible with this product! Yay! Most of the other natural brands I've tried have been way too sticky, smelled awful, made my hair look dry and dull or have done nothing for my hair at all. What I love most about this besides the really bright, fresh fruity scent- is that it lightly defines the curls... leaving my hair softer than what I'm used to with a styling product. When I want to scrunch it I can... and when I want more controlled curls- I can use it with my curling iron too. I just wish it had slightly more definition, so I use it with a dab of this. To scrunch, I apply the FEED YOUR VOLUME Mousse to damp hair and blow dry (which gives me nice, full curls) For natural wavy curls- I air dry. When I want flippy, voluptuous curls, I use it on dry hair with my curling iron. Hey, if it's good enough for Melania Trump... it's good enough for moi! Wink, wink. ;) Thanks Yarok! xo