It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product Review

Hello! Today I'm reviewing It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product. There's been SO much buzz about this stuff, but I have to admit the vague name had me a little sketchy about getting it but... I'm so glad I did! This product is great! It claims to do 10 things instantly, and I'm going to break down each claim with you guys and share my opinion on whether or not they follow through.


Since parabens have been so controversial lately, I do want to let you know that this product has Methyl and Propyl in it (the third and fourth ingredients respectively). This product has a shelf life of 36 months which is 3x longer than the average hair product. Unfortunately I'm not a cosmetic chemist so I'm unable to tell you why they are so high up on the ingredient list so... if you're anti-paraben, you might not want to use this product.

All that aside, let's take a peek at the rest of the ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Cydomethicone, etc. One thing I will say about this product is that it's surprisingly thick. You wouldn't think so because it's in a spray bottle, but if you open it up you can see the consistency is similar to conditioner, which is basically what this product is (if any of you have used Redken Real Control conditioner, the texture is similar to that). I've talked about all these ingredients in past posts and they're all great conditioning agents, but if I hadn't heard so many great things about this and judged it based on the ingredients.. I'd probably pass on it. Just goes to show you the power of word of mouth. Now let's go through all 10 claims individually, and see if it's a hit or miss.

  1. Repairs dry, damaged hair: I sort of have a problem with the word "repair" because honestly... once your hair gets damaged, it's damaged. Anything that "repairs" it is only a temporary effect. If they replace it with Conditions dry, damaged hair then that would be a lot better, because it definitely conditions your hair.
  2. Adds shine: It certainly does. My hair, and other's who I've tried this on was noticeably shinier.
  3. Detangles: Yes! If your hair tangles easily, a couple spritzes and you're tangle-free! With all these conditioning agents it better detangle! Haha. :-P
  4. Controls frizz: Because it conditions your hair so well, it does control frizz very nicely. However, frizz control is kind of a personal thing so you should see for yourself if it works well with your hair or not.
  5. Seals & protects hair color: Not the most outstanding claim, because anything conditioning will protect your hair color, but I don't disagree with it.
  6. Prevents split ends: Perhaps with continued use it will lessen the appearance of split ends, but aside from constant hair cuts nothing "prevents" split ends. Everyone gets them.
  7. Stops hair breakage: I think this claim goes hand in hand with #6, but I did notice that damage looks and feels less noticeable.
  8. Creates silkiness: Totally agree. It's hard to stop touching your hair when you use this.
  9. Enhances natural body: Volume and body isn't really a problem for me, but I did notice that my hair felt fuller than normal. Again, this goes hand in hand with #6 and #7
  10. Flat iron spray & thermal protector: I definitely agree that it is a thermal protector, but flat iron sprays are another one of those personal things that's different for everyone. I think it'll be great for coarser hair, but people with fine hair might have to approach with some caution. But hey, even if you don't care for it as a flat iron spray you could always just use it as a leave-in! :)

So even though some of the claims are stretched out a bit, what do you think? I personally love it and I think I'll be getting the large size bottle next time. Comment and let me know your thoughts, I really look forward to hearing what you all have to say. =)

It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product comes in a 4 fl oz. / 120 ml bottle, and retails for around $15. There is a limited edition 10 fl oz. bottle that retails for around $25-$29 depending on where you shop, so if you really love this stuff that will be your best bet!

Another day, another hair product right? LOL Take care of your hair everyone! ♥