Hey guys! Today I'm reviewing a recent purchase, and new favorite of mine: Redken Blown Away 09 Protective Blow Dry Gel. I know the word gel might raise some flags, but it's actually really light on your hair, and creates incredible volume! It also has a very clean, sort of citrus-like scent--I like it. It lives up to its name, because I was Blown Away when I used it, and saw the results it gave! Bye-bye root lifters, this is now my go-to volumizing product.
- Apply a small amount of Blown Away into your palms. It may take you a few times to get the amount just right for your hair, but I suggest starting with a quarter sized dollop and going from there.
- Focusing on the roots, apply Blown Away to clean damp hair. If you want, you can comb it through.
- Rough dry your hair before actually styling it. A rough dry means just blow-drying your hair until it is 80% dry.
- I suggest using a round brush for maximum volume. A vent or styler brush will work too.
- Be sure to use your cool shot button! It really does serve a purpose, LOL. Hot air creates a style, and cool air sets it, so be sure and cool shot each section of hair you blow-dry.